Friday 29 June 2012

Minnie mouse spots

I'd seen a few people do this sort of thing and I thought it looked really pretty and I love the colour red so I thought I'd give it a go. the red nail varnish I used was really vibrant and it looked even better than I thought it was going to. I didn't want to make it too complex because I thought it would be too hard for me to do my left hand; so I just did a little black bow on my thumb.




The red looks a bit dark in the bottle, the picture of it on my nails show what it really looks like. I think it was 1, maybe 2 coats of red and then just used the brush of the white nail varnish to do the spots. Although in the pictures my nails look really shiny; I didn't use any top coat. I tried to use the top coat but as soon as i put it on my nail it seemed to smudge the red nail varnish into the white spots - not good! Even without top coat my nails didn't chip for a while and i got loads of compliments :) 

I'd love to know of a good brand of white nail polish though because this white nail polish on it's own isn't that thick and it takes a few coats to look good.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment